Takhini River Lodge is located 23 miles (37km) North West of Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport.
- From Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport parking lot turn right on the West Alaska Highway  to Fairbanks.
- 8.7 miles (14km) from the airport turn right on the Klondike Highway  to Dawson city.
- Pass the bridge over the Takhini River.
- 12.4 miles (20km) from the airport you reach the Takhini Gas Station turn left on the Takhini Hotsprings road.
- 17.8 miles (28.7 km) from the airport a quarter mile (500m) before reaching the Takhini Hotsprings turn left on the Takhini River Road (gravel).
- Stay on the gravel road for about 4.3 miles (7km)
- 22.3 miles (36km) from the airport turn right on our driveway follow the signs for 0.6 mile (1km)
A gpx file is available for download here. (gpx files are usually supported by most GPS devices)
Please read carefully our Terms and Conditions
- From November 15 to March 31 only the package "Mysterious Northern Lights" is available.
- A Minimum of two consecutive nights is required from August 16 to November 13.
- No minimum consecutive nights required from May 15 to August 15.
- Takhini River Lodge is strictly smoke free. A $250 room recovery fee will be charged to Guests who smoke in the Lodge to cover the costs of cleaning and restoring the room to a smoke-free condition.
- Takhini River Lodge is an adult oriented accommodation. As much as we love children, this accommodation is not suitable for children under 18.
- No pets allowed.
- No kitchen available for our guests. No facility to prepare your own food.
- Outdoor footwear is not worn in Takhini River Lodge. This is due to the fact that: We live in an area of inclement weather; we have hard bamboo floor and carpets; it keeps our Lodge cleaner and quieter for all. All guests are provided with slippers.
- Check-in: from 4pm to 7pm unless otherwise arranged.
- Check-out: 11am.
- Each room can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults.
- Bedrooms daily cleaning is made between 10am and 1pm.
Breakfast & Dinner:
- Breakfast is served between 8 and 10am. No breakfast available after 10:30am.
- Dinner must be booked in advance (at least two days ahead).
- The menu is freshly prepared everyday and is the same for all the guests, if you have any food allergy or food issues we need to be informed at the booking time.
- Dinners are served at 7pm.
- No dinners available after 8pm.
- All activities, programs, packages and tours at Takhini River Lodge are subject to uncontrolable risks, such as accident and/or illness. All participants of tours, activities, rentals or excursions must sign a waiver prior or on arrival at the Lodge.
- Takhini River Lodge reserves the right to cancel and/or change the program/package as a result of natural hazards, weather and other unpredictable disturbances or events. In such cases, (pre-) payments for the affected program will be refunded unless the tour or program can be undertaken in parts or completely. Compensation claims are not possible.
- Reservations are confirmed with the reception of a Credit Card Authorization form.
- No charge will incur if cancellation is made 31 or more days prior to day of arrival.
- Less than 31 days will result in full charge. This policy is necessary due to the unique location of our facility and short notice re-booking would be unlikely.
- If you cancel your booking, you must ensure that your cancellation is confirmed by an email from Takhini River Lodge in the 24 hours.
- We strongly suggest that all of our Guests consider the purchase of travel insurance for protection against cancellation penalties.
- Specific cancellation policies apply from November 15 to March 31, package "Mysterious Northern Lights"